SO WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
Hailing from the City of Bristol, UK, G.V.M.C. is the spirit of the underdog, the self-made, the independent, D.I.Y. types. The take no slight nor insult kind.
Those that go against the odds regardless, because it's a way of life.
Looking to the horizon for new ground to claim.
Ghetto Viking Music & Clothing is an idea, one birthed from the need for a bridge between two of the most polarising, yet talented genres on the planet, that ultimately share the same roots, and bring them together.
We are all about representing, unifying, and building a community of like minded individuals that want to do something.
Hip-Hop Heavy Metal Collective!
To have a family of like minded people unified in the brand.
With high aspirations and many goals planned, we aim to move from nothing to everything. Against All Odds. Who's with us?
1. An impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged yet self reliant residential area of a city.
2. Urban; of or relating to (inner) city life
3. Jury-rigged, improvised, or home-made (usually with extremely cheap or sub-standard components), yet still deserving of an odd sense of respect from ghetto dwellers and non-ghetto dwellers alike.
1. Commonly any of the Scandinavian/Northern pirates who plundered the coasts of Europe and the Mediterranean from the 8th to 10th centuries.
2. Sea-roving bandit; pirate. Also likened to adventurer/explorer.
3. An action/occupation that consists of going out into the world to take what is needed, and acquire fame or fortune.
So with both examples given, Ghetto Viking is a the mixture of someone who, despite being at a disadvantage, will do what they must to gain a better life. It doesn't matter what hand was dealt, for we decide our course in life.
So, if this sounds like you.
If this sounds like your people...
Come join the crew.
Kyle Mortiss (UK)
Thomas Arne Rørstad (UK/Norway)
”One-Eye” Sam Collins (UK)
Rachel Short (UK)
Keith “Def-KillA” Cunningham (USA)